History of the house
In the old town, where history ends and enjoy future begins …
The hotel “to Red Rooster” can look back on a long history. For the first time, the house was
in 1210 mentioned. From this period dates a double early Gothic windows arcade, which in itself
Second Upstairs is the frontage of the house. From the original “Scherer alley” was the
“Red Cock Street” named, according to the still existing restaurant “Red Rooster”.
As early as 1577 Leitgeb, innkeeper called “At Red Rooster”. The inn was in the 18th century to
the noblest of the city. 1789 directed the superintendent of the royal court theater, Baron bay
in “Red Rooster” a brilliant ball occasion of the wedding of Crown Prince Alexander von Thurn und Taxis
with Princess Therese of Mecklenburg-Strelitz.
In the thirties, the “Red Rooster” by the brewery purchased “To Kuchlbauer” in Abensberg
before the House passed in 1950 in the possession of the Smith family. With the handover of the inn
Max Schmidt sen. to his son, the inn was completely renovated in 1983, the hotel rooms in the
Years after modern in nature.
In 2001, the local and the hotel lobby was completely redesigned. The house now has an elevator,
as a lobby, a restaurant, in the modern history of the house with
Components were combined. The kitchen is updated to the latest state of the art in order
our team will continue to dine.